Designed With the TPLO in Mind
The Universal TPLO plate design for the average dog.
- Bone fragment compression is supported at a 30 degree angle.
- There is no need to store left and right plates because of the symmetrical design. The Universal TPLO plate cuts that inventory expense
- The limited contact design improves perios teal circulation.
- The space saving design helps to place the plate against jig pins for more ideal posi tioning and better fitting on smaller fragments.
- Easy to contour while still strong up to a giant canine breeds
- The low glare surface improves visibility in the operating theater and in addition researchers believe the matte surface supports low infection rates, improves re-colonization of the plate by the tissue cells before bacterial colonization.
- Available in 3 different sizes for 2.0, 2,7 and 3,5 mm screws
- US Patent D700334 S1
Improving a Proven Design
The Universal TPLO plate was initially created to overcome some of the weaknesses of many other plates. Many others have a reverse configuration for the left and right leg which significantly impacts the economy of the procedure.
The Moon Shaped TPLO plates
This system is a proven design that has been tested in 3.5mm, 2.7mm, 2.0mm and 1.5mm for many years. increased strength with thicker plate design increased stability with 7 screw holes
- takes very little contouring
- designed with limited contact for better periosteal circulation
- dynamic compression holes for increased bone compression
- proper fit for large dogs
The specific shaping of the Universal Plate is the most innovative aspect of its design. A unique compact head geometry arms the surgeon with the versatility needed for rare and challenging cases.
- Designed in
- Made in